An important distinction of your experience at Tall Pines is that we do not advocate a rigorous academic schedule – we believe this can hinder your child’s natural curiosity and desire to learn. Rather, your child will explore, grow, and discover at his or her own pace ina warm, accepting, and positive environment.
A Variety of Daily Activities for Fun and Learning
Art: Children express their creativity using a variety of media tools – turkey basters, paint rollers, spray bottles, and more. Activities encourage individual expression and cooperation with others.
Drama: Using puppets, costumes, and singing games, children experience language, role-playing, and even a little history. Children love to discover their talents as actors and actresses.
Music: Musical Instruments are wonderful sounds to our ears! Movement and dance are explored in a positive and carefree manner to establish pre-math and reading skills.
Science: Whether cooking and learning about measuring ingredients or building sand castles, children experience deductive reasoning in a fun way!
Field Trips: Including an autumn “Leaf Walk,” visits to the pumpkin patch and Christmas tree farm, plus excursions to the gym, apple orchard, and more. Parents are welcome, too!
Special Guests: Children love to meet our local heroes: doctors, firefighters ad their bright-red pumper truck, even Smokey the Bear.
A Typical Tall Pines Day
After dropping off your child at Tall Pines, they will have a day filled with fun and learning!
- Open Learning Your child arrives and starts learning through play with age appropriate equipment and toys including:
- Circle Time All the children gather around to learn together with use of puppets, song, instruments, and stories
- Outside Play Whether playing with tricyles, chalk, or in our garden, your child is continually learning with the help of their schoolmates.
- Snack Time A healthy snack keeps your child growing and learning is a positive way! Also, this sets a good example for healthy eating habits the rest of their life.
- Closing Circle After a hard day of learning and playing, its time to gather for a final circle time of the day. Playing together in song, learning beats and instruments, they finish their day on a good note, ready to continue learning with you.
What is a “Co-op” Nursery School?
A cooperative nursery school is a non-profit organization where you, as the parent, are an “assistant teacher.” This eliminates the need for hiring additional teachers, reducing the cost of operation. The director, teachers, and business manager are the only paid personnel. Your participation by volunteering in your child’s school environment means being involved with your child’s learning. Your “behind the scenes” support helps aid in your child’s success. Parents and teachers coming together for the betterment of children; we can’t think of a better way for you and your child to start off their early education years!
Your participation is important to Tall Pines.
Choosing a co-op nursery school is a decision that requires time, energy, and commitment; however, the rewards are well worth the effort. The times you share with your child at Tall Pines will provide both of you with wonderful experiences and memories that will last a lifetime.
Tall Pines is dedicated to providing a warm and nurturing environment for positive play experiences, enhancing your child’s emotional and social development. Learning should be fun, so we’ve developed a wide range of engaging science, math, art, and other group and individual activities that encourage your child’s natural desire to discover and explore. As well as develop self-esteem, motor and language skills, and other tools for leading a meaningful and fulfilling life.
Tall Pines Parent Responsibilities
- Participate in the classroom 2-3 times a month
- Attend a Non-Profit 501© Parent Participation Membership meetings held 5 times a year
- Participate in fund raising activities
- Participate in 1 committee/ job
- Provide 2 hours of school maintenance
- Participate for 2 hours with move-in and move-out
- Provide class snack on a rotating basis
- Provide 1 listed item on party days